Make these wickedly easy creepy flowers to insert some spookiness into your Halloween decor.
This simple cupcake liner craft instantly turns “Halloween creepy” when you hot glue an eerie eyeball to its center!
Gather enough supplies for these creepy flowers to make for a bouquet, add them to your existing Halloween arrangement, or create a bewitching display!
Halloween is fast approaching. Let’s get started!
Gather Supplies for Creepy Flowers
[Printable instructions are available on our downloadable project sheet.]
Supplies for Creepy Flower DIYing:
You only need a few supplies to make these modified paper cupcake liner flowers.
Supplies you’ll need:
- white ping-pong balls
- black or Halloween-themed paper baking cups/cupcake liners
- black chenille stems (aka pipe cleaners)
- black straws
- (optional) mini witch’s cauldrons
Tools you’ll need:
- black marker
- colored markers (I used green and red)
- needle or pin (to make small holes in cupcake liners)
- hot glue gun with glue
How to Make a Creepy Flower for Halloween
[Download Printable Project Sheet]
1. Using a pencil, lightly draw a circle about 3/4″ in diameter on the side opposite brand markings on a ping pong ball. This is the outline of the eye’s pupil.
Along the inside edge of the pupil circle, draw a small 1/4″ diameter circle, which outlines the reflection in the eye. To create the iris edge, draw a circle that’s concentric to the pupil, about 1/4″ along the outside edge of the pupil. The larger circle should be approximately 1 1/4″ in diameter. (See Figure 1 below.)
2. With one of your colored markers, draw short lines from the smaller circle to the larger circle to create the iris of the eyeball, like Figure 2 below.
3. Next, with your black marker, color in the pupil, leaving the small reflection area untouched. Now, your ping pong eyeball should look like Figure 3. Set aside.
4. Stack five cupcake liners together. Holding the liners together, use your scissors to make cuts all along the from the outside edge along the side to the bottom of the liners. The cuts should be about 1/4″ apart. Take a needle and poke a small hole through the bottom center of the cupcake liners. Set aside.
5. Bend the end of a chenille stem to create a “T”, then hot glue the back of the ping pong eyeball to the “T”. (See diagram.)6. Through the hole in the base of the cupcake liners, thread all 5 liners onto the opposite end of the chenille stem. Apply some hot glue to the inner part of the eyeball and pull one liner up and around the eye. Hold for a few seconds until the glue takes hold. Repeat for each of the remaining four liners. (See the video below for a similar process, minus the creepy eyeball. 😉 )
7. Thread the chenille stem through a plastic straw to give the stem strength.
8. Optional: Hot glue styrofoam to the base of a small witch’s cauldron treat bucket, then insert your creepy flower stem to stand straight up.
Watch this video to learn how to make cupcake liner flowers that (ahem) aren’t so creepy. (You don’t want to know how this provided the inspiration to make their creepy cousins!)
DIY Creepy Flowers For Your Halloween Decor
These hauntingly charming, yet creepy flowers are a must-have addition to your Halloween decor.
Crafting these creepy flowers from ping pong balls and cupcake liners is a wickedly fun way to add a bewitching touch!
So, gather your supplies and let your creativity “bloom”. Get crafting and enchant your space this spooky season!
* * * * *
* * * * *
For a FREE Creepy Flowers Project Sheet, complete the form below and respond to an email to gain instant access.
* * * * *
* * * * *