Make these sweet floral picks to decorate baskets & gifts for Easter.
This free downloadable chick and bunny pattern is adaptable for paper or wooden Easter projects too!
Know someone who needs a pre-spring pick-me-up? Added to any plant or flower, these perky little decorative plant picks deliver fresh and fun spring vibes, and instill the promise of sunshine and new beginnings! Sign me up!
Flower picks help transform ordinary house plants into unique, personalized gifts. To assemble a thoughtful and unique Easter gift for a friend, insert these DIY picks into the base of a potted spring flower or houseplant, lay in some faux Easter eggs, and add a pretty bow.
Your Easter plants and floral arrangements need a little bunny or chicky friend, don’t they? Use these homemade floral picks for Easter baskets, faux flowers, succulents, or a spring wreath for your front door.
Our project sheet provides the free pattern and instructions for these darling Easter floral picks. They take only an hour or so to make and use up scraps of felt that are probably squirreled away somewhere in your craft room. Embroidery stitches (French knots, backstitches, and blanket stitches) form the facial features of our chick and bunny friends.
Hand-embroidery not your thing? Cut the shapes out of spring- or Easter-themed scrapbook card stock and decorate with markers. Or, cut the shapes from wood and paint on facial features.
Let’s hop into the instructions:
Embroidered Felt Easter Bunny & Chick Floral Picks
Supplies for 2 Floral Picks:
felt (3″ x 6″ pieces each of yellow & white; 1″ x 1″ piece of orange)
thread and/or embroidery floss (yellow, white, orange & black)
cotton balls (for stuffing)
long wooden skewers (or craft sticks)
narrow ribbon for bows
printed pattern (download project sheet)
Tools You’ll Need:
vanishing fabric marker (like Dritz)
optional hot glue gun
How to Make Easter Picks (for Floral Arrangements)
(Complete instructions are available on our downloadable project sheet.)
1. Cut out patterns and trace them onto felt pieces with a vanishing fabric marker. Cut out all pieces.
2. Hand-embroider chick and bunny facial features using the pattern as your guide.
3. Assemble the head pieces by layering the wrong sides together. Blanket stitch edges together, leaving an opening to stuff the head. Lightly stuff with cotton balls, then close the opening, leaving enough space to insert the stick.
4. Assemble the floral picks by inserting wooden sticks into the base (optionally use hot glue to secure). Add small ribbon bows to the sticks below the heads.
5. Insert floral picks into a potted plant or flower.
Make Other Easter Crafts With These Chick & Bunny Patterns
These chick and bunny patterns can be used for other fun Easter crafts like:
- Easter Ornaments – Add a loop at the top to hang on an Easter tree
- Pom Pom Animals – attach heads to pom pom bodies
- Fashion Pins – Secure metal pin backs to the heads and wear them on your lapel
- Hairbands – Hot glue felt bunny & chick heads to a plastic hairband for Easter
- Easter Tic Tac Toe – Make a set of 5 bunnies and 5 chick heads and play a game!